1) It is very crucial for our guests not to drink alcohol before hair transplantation 7-10 days in advance, and for the development and blood supply of newly implanted hair follicles (It is also important to not drink alcohol for 1 week after hair transplantation).
2) The anti-coagulants known as blood thinner drugs such as acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), clopidogrel (Plavix), pentoxifylline (Trental) and Warfarin (Coumadin) should be ceased for 1 week. (Use of medications can start on the following 3 days after the surgery.)
*People with such issues that require nonstop use of these medications are not suitable candidates for hair transplantation.
3) NNSAI medications such as Naproxen (Naprosyn), Diclofenac (Cataflam), Flubiprofen (Majic) style painkillers should be ceased 4 days in advance and in case of pain paracetamol (Minoset) should be preferred.
4) Medications to preserve the balance of the body in the form of medications for blood pressure medication, heart rhythm medicine, insulin, oral diabetes should be used as usual. (Please read article 10 carefully.)
5) Chemical and cosmetic products such as hair gel, hair lotion, hair care cream should be discontinued 3 days prior to the procedure. (After hair transplantation, our expert doctors will elucidate the further details on the issue for our esteemed patients.)
6) Tobacco products such as cigarettes adversely affect blood circulation and impair the development of implanted hair follicles. Tobacco products should therefore be discontinued 1 week before hair transplantation if possible. (Smoking should be ceased at least 2-3 days in advance and started as late as possible after hair transplantation. Consumption should be reduced as less as possible.)
7) Two days before hair transplantation, caffeine and all kinds of beverages containing derivatives should be ceased. Please, ESPECIALLY on the day of the hair transplantation, DO NOT consume any kinds of coffee or energy drinks!
8) It is much appreciated that you wash your hair (only with shampoo) in terms of sterilization before coming to our hair transplant clinic on the day of hair transplantation.
9) Casual clothes that can be easily taken off and are front-buttoned should be worn. Wearing clothes which have to be taken off over the head will considerably harm the recipient area. It is strongly recommended to keep wearing this clothing style for 3 to 4 days following the hair transplantation.
10) Please share any kinds of medical issues with us at least 15 days prior to the hair transplantation.
** Any kinds of chemical dependency MUST be shared with our doctors at least 15 days prior to the hair transplantation. Doctor/patient confidentiality is guaranteed by BiomedHair.